Digital reporting transformation
Project overview and objectives
An energy company engaged our team to implement Workiva and make the leap to digital reporting. The project goals?
- Save time on SEC and SEDAR reporting by connecting reports through a common, consolidated compliance platform
- Maximize time savings and productivity
- Centralize data collection, aggregation and analytics in a single environment for easier access and more accurate, up-to-date data
What we did
Overhauling a reporting process requires a lot of collaboration from everyone involved. And having a project team with knowledge on both sides of the implementation (as CPAs and experts in Workiva) ensures practical and meaningful wins for our clients. Here’s some of them:
- Automated previously manual processes so the corporate reporting team was able to quickly analyze consolidated data
- Connected people, data, and processes through Workiva, uniting the team and workflows as one
- Improved the speed and accuracy of head office analytics
- Automated rounding, foreign currency translation, and designated areas for top-side adjustments and a more efficient review process
- Enabled the team to report effortlessly among the switch from in-person to remote working
- Offered a turn-key solution with minimal adoption time
While we tailor a digital reporting roadmap for every organization, our goals remain the same: To free up teams to focus on what matters—like uncovering new insights that drive your business forward.
If your teams are struggling to balance varying reporting requirements and it’s challenging your ability to think strategically about the future of your business, learn more about how Workiva can simplify your reporting.