Creating a forward-looking treasury function
Project overview and objectives
A manufacturing company came to us with decentralized treasury operations and stale documentation—as well as manual processes for posting journal entries, compiling liquidity reports, and creating and approving payments across multiple banking platforms. This left them with an increased risk of payment fraud and a lack of cash visibility that hindered forecasting capabilities and strategic, forward-looking projects.
What we did
With the help of Kyriba, a lot of cross-team collaboration, and organizational buy-in, we:
- Delivered a road map of mutual goals, current-state analysis, and future-state design
- Built a comprehensive business requirements matrix
- Led biweekly working sessions that reviewed build, feedback, and user adoption
- Guided training sessions, status calls, and created customized guides, UAT scripts, and go-live checklists
By the time the project finished, this organization unlocked:
- Full cash visibility via an automated SFTP bank connectivity
- Centralized payments and payment workflows, an audit trail for payments, and fraud prevention tools
- Integrated data, forecasts, and maturities flowing into cash worksheets and reports
- Automatic trend analysis and forecasting—including scorecards to assess effectiveness
- Centralized and auditable documentation with clear workflows for change requests
No matter the state of your current treasury operations, there’s always room to uncover efficiencies. Learn how a Kyriba implementation can set your teams up for success, significantly reduce repetitive manual tasks, and keep your organization forward-looking.